Old 26-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Volfie

Default Orchid cactus pieces on eBay

Has anyone ever bought a "rooted" plant off eBay? Is this a good practice
or not? I see dozens of ads for Orchid cactus' and I would love to get one
that way.

Giselle (what say you? Will it work or not?)

Old 29-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Volfie

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article . net,
"Michael Lyons" wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news
Just about any variety you stumble upon
will bloom easily, except a type called zigzag cactus, it almost never
blooms, but has way interesting leaves.

-paghat the ratgirl

Can you tell me more about this "zigzag cactus?" I think I may be

growing it
without knowing the name. My plant grows a lot like my orchid cactus and

the
bloom looks similar, but the cross-section of the leaf is flat rather

than
triangular. When new, the leaves look like the edges were cut with

pinking
shears, and the shape becomes more extreme as the leaf matures. Take a

look
at http://home.earthlink.net/~lyons7/images/plant.htm
I would like to know the proper name for it and any other information

you
might have.
Thanks.

Cryptocereus anthonyanus, Zigzag, Fishbone, or Ric-rac cactus.
Here's a page about it:
http://www.paghat.com/ricrac.html

-paggers

I have fallen in love with the orchid cactus'. I was looking through the
pages of them on eBay and everytime I thought I found the most beautiful one
ever, the next one was even better. Oh, boy, I wish I still had my little
greenhouse.

Giselle (looking for groups to join now)