Old 01-08-2004, 04:25 PM

Default question on my pear and pomergrante

i am in the dfw area, my pomergrante tree has plenty of flowers each
spring but they all drop and i never get fruit. it is kept well
watered, could it be too much water?

my pear tree is developing brown spots on the leaves, they are
symetrical on either side of the leaf centerline, they don't show
signs of browning from the edges as with moisture stress and the
leaves don't immediately turn black as with ffire blight, anyone
experience this before?

sam

Old 08-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

in :

i am in the dfw area, my pomergrante tree has plenty of flowers each
spring but they all drop and i never get fruit. it is kept well
watered, could it be too much water?

what kind of pomegranate?

http://images.google.com/images?q=po...te+flowering+%
7C+fruiting+flower+&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
2nd pic is flowering var. very rarely get fruit. 3rd pic is typical
species-like flower.