GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hazelnut bushes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/80785-hazelnut-bushes.html)

DRE 02-08-2004 01:52 AM

Hazelnut bushes

Can anyone tell me how big a hazelnut bush will get? And I understand they
need lotsa water and sun. I planted one next to my house on the east side
and near a faucet. Always damp there. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks ahead
Dan

Mike LaMana 02-08-2004 03:34 PM

Hazelnut bushes

I have seen wild, native hazelnut (Corylus americana) in forest areas that
are 15' tall and 20' wide. Usually see them mush smaller though.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC