Old 04-08-2004, 06:14 AM
Françoise

Default Aloes and hand cream?

Hi,

I have some aloes that are getting big. One grew tall as well and fell
today. It crooked and became not as nice as I would like it to be. I
decided that I do not want it now. Is there a way to transform the
leaves into a hand lotion? Do some of you have and idea where I can find
out about it?

Thank you,

Françoise.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:18 PM
simy1

Françoise wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have some aloes that are getting big. One grew tall as well and fell
today. It crooked and became not as nice as I would like it to be. I
decided that I do not want it now. Is there a way to transform the
leaves into a hand lotion? Do some of you have and idea where I can find
out about it?

Thank you,

Françoise.

you are better off picking one leaf at a time. Even then, one leaf is
too much lotion. When you pick it, slit it open along the length. The
gel will be half anf half running and curdled. I suppose you can
remove the curdles by blending it, but we actually use them as
minipads to spread the gel. It does not keep long, even in the fridge.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Pen

First, make sure it's aloe vera. Second, check that you're not
allergic to it; put a little on the inside of your elbow then cover
for 24hrs and see if you get a rash. Here's a couple of great sites:

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...,10001,00.html
http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/a/aloes027.html
Old 04-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Phisherman

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 00:14:32 -0400, Françoise
wrote:

Hi,

I have some aloes that are getting big. One grew tall as well and fell
today. It crooked and became not as nice as I would like it to be. I
decided that I do not want it now. Is there a way to transform the
leaves into a hand lotion? Do some of you have and idea where I can find
out about it?

Thank you,

Françoise.

Mine became large too. I started a new plant from a pup, then gave
away the large plant. I use a fresh leaf for skin treatments (burns,
cuts and wounds). The gel is one of the most remarkable healing
agents known. Aloe vera is also known as Aloe barbadensis. The juice
is a powerful cathartic.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:26 AM
Françoise

Pen,

Thanks for the sites. I read them and I learn a lot about aloes. How can
I tell if my aloe is aloe vera?

Françoise.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Françoise

Phisherman wrote:

Mine became large too. I started a new plant from a pup, then gave
away the large plant.

This is a good idea. I will do this too.

Françoise