Old 06-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Romy Beeck

Default Pigeon Manure

I had friend years ago who was a big veggie gardener and he said pigeon
manure was the best for gardens, But I was told there is to much acid in it.
So when would you put in on the garden. I would think in fall after my
garden is done for the year. By spring it would try up and I could till it
in to the garden.By the way I live in wisconsin. CAn anyone help me out?
THANK YOU

Old 06-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Beecrofter

"Romy Beeck" wrote in message ...
I had friend years ago who was a big veggie gardener and he said pigeon
manure was the best for gardens, But I was told there is to much acid in it.
So when would you put in on the garden. I would think in fall after my
garden is done for the year. By spring it would try up and I could till it
in to the garden.By the way I live in wisconsin. CAn anyone help me out?
THANK YOU

Mix if with the fall leaves and you will make a nice hot weed free compost.
Otherwise follow all the warnings about hot manures like chicken manure.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Salty Thumb

"Romy Beeck" wrote in
:

I had friend years ago who was a big veggie gardener and he said
pigeon manure was the best for gardens, But I was told there is to

what i'd like to know is who was the guy or girl with the horn rimmed
glasses and notebook that went around testing this.

Let's see:

Chicken sheyite: A
Elephant dung: B+
Hippo turd: B-
Iguana pellet: C+
Lion crap: D
Monkey fling: F
Ostrich doody: B+
Pigeon manu A+++
Water Buffalo patty: A-

[IMG] code is On

Pigeon Deterrent mark United Kingdom 23 29-06-2009 08:59 AM
"Pigeon pea". Why so named? Phred Plant Science 2 03-06-2006 11:29 PM
Blooming Pigeon Orchid bk Orchids 1 11-09-2004 03:53 AM
Subject: Pigeon Manure, Chicken Manure JacKUzi Gardening 0 11-08-2004 02:28 AM
pigeon problem John Dolan United Kingdom 11 23-04-2003 05:10 PM