Old 07-08-2004, 04:08 PM
njbruin

Default What's the best garden hose reel that money can buy?

Appreciate any help. I'm tired of the cheap hose reels that crack and
break after a year or so. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Vox Humana

"njbruin" wrote in message
om...
Appreciate any help. I'm tired of the cheap hose reels that crack and
break after a year or so. Thanks!

After going through several cheap plastic hose reels, we got a metal one at
Costco this year. The thing is all metal and is built like a tank. It has
four pneumatic tires, a hose reel, and two baskets to hold accessories. It
cost $56 and was well worth the price.

Old 08-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Roy

I have two commercial reels originally used to reel up 1 1/4" fire
hose, so they will hold approximately 200 feet of 5/8 or 3/4 inch
garden hose really easy. They are not fancy, but basic steel disks
with rolle dedges and a drum with a swivel joint for wate rflow into
the hose through the drum. Have em over 15 years and have yet to have
a problem.....Paid $5.00 each at a salvage yard for em and they were
like new. One i have mojnted on the privacy fence the other is mounted
on a small utility trailer for behind the garden tractor, but it can
easily be wheeled aropuind by hand if need be. I also got tired of
wresting with hoses, hose hangers and plastic junk. I like hose
hangers for hoses 25 feet or so in length but over that they get old
quick
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:54 AM
Ermalina

njbruin wrote:

Appreciate any help. I'm tired of the cheap hose reels that crack and
break after a year or so. Thanks!

Check out the "Rapid Reel" brand at:

http://www.reelquick.com/garden/

They're sold by quite a few places, including amazon.com. I have one of
the CT series (2-wheel cart) and really like it. It's very sturdy.

[IMG] code is On

Garden Hose Reel Joaquin Tall Lawns 2 21-01-2007 09:48 PM
McClane reel vs. Trimmer reel mower? Shade Lawns 0 23-06-2006 07:23 AM
Best reel mower to buy? [email protected] Lawns 6 02-05-2006 05:53 PM
garden hose reel Ghislain Gardening 1 03-09-2003 09:22 AM
ISO: Hose reel with brass fittings David Gibbs Lawns 3 28-07-2003 06:02 PM