Old 10-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Bonnie

Default Maple Tree Problem

BlankI have a few young maple trees that have brownish spots on their leaves . The spots are actually pin spots clumped together to look like a biger spot. The leaves look like they are dying. Some are drying up on the edges. What could be causing this? We did have a lot of rain here in the northeast(PA). Any help would be appreciated !

Bonnie

Old 10-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Mike

BlankAn arborist on this ng (Aug 8 OP - Nudest) has claimed it to be a fungal problem and "merely cosmetic". Can't say as though any fungus serves a purpose, for me at least.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Vox Humana

"Bonnie" wrote in message
BlankI have a few young maple trees that have brownish spots on their leaves
.. The spots are actually pin spots clumped together to look like a biger
spot. The leaves look like they are dying. Some are drying up on the edges.
What could be causing this? We did have a lot of rain here in the
northeast(PA). Any help would be appreciated !

Bonnie

Most likely a fungal disease. Take a look he
http://www.extension.umn.edu/project...nosemaple.html
http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/fi...st/fidl-ae.htm

Old 11-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Mike LaMana

Blank"Mike" wrote in message ...
An arborist on this ng (Aug 8 OP - Nudest) has claimed it to be a fungal problem and "merely cosmetic". Can't say as though any fungus serves a purpose, for me at least.

I think that was me...it is tar-spot- It hits Norway and sugars in our area. Don't bother treating it.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

[IMG] code is On

Problem with a maple tree - help! Matt1984 Gardening 5 13-05-2013 06:41 PM
Maple Tree Problem Aaron Gardening 2 18-05-2006 02:07 AM
Red Maple / Silver Maple What's the Difference? [email protected] Gardening 5 19-06-2005 10:28 AM
Trident maple and juniper problem Mike Bonsai 1 21-04-2004 08:02 AM
[IBC] Trident Maple Leaf Problem on Gallery Corcoran. Bil Bonsai 5 07-06-2003 04:22 AM