Old 11-08-2004, 06:08 PM
JV

Default Bluestone Pernnial Border Garden

I have a large area of my yard that I want to landscape. I have the area
prepared but do not have much experience with designing the landscaping. I
am thinking about one of the canned designs from Bluestone. Their Perinnial
Border in particular. Does anyone have experience with them or this
offering?
Thanks

Old 11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
madgardener

they're reputable and affordable. if you lose it they'll replace it. good
selection of good perennials. allow for space for plants to mature. they
will not be large pots. but will grow into acclimated plants in two years.
madgardener who has bought from Bluestone for years now and very happy with
them

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

Old 11-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Vox Humana

"JV" wrote in message ...
I have a large area of my yard that I want to landscape. I have the area
prepared but do not have much experience with designing the landscaping. I
am thinking about one of the canned designs from Bluestone. Their

Perinnial
Border in particular. Does anyone have experience with them or this
offering?
Thanks

I have bought from them via the mail and have been to their facility several
times. They sell very small, but healthy plants. They have excellent
customer service, so if you do have a problem they will do what they can to
help you. It is important to realize that they plants will come in large
cell packs. Most plants are grown in a three-pack and you can usually "buy
two, get one free." The first year, the plants will pretty much just sit
there. The second year they will grow a bit, and will be about the size of
a plant you would get in a quart container - maybe bigger. The third year
they will tend to really take off, depending on the plant. Bluestone is
located in NE Ohio, not too far from the Pennsylvania border. If you are
close enough, you might consider going to their spring clearance sale. They
open the greenhouses and sell everything you can cram into a flat for a set
fee - around $40. You can get some terrific bargains that way, especially
if you need a lot of plants.

Old 01-09-2004, 02:13 AM
Tom Engel

Bluestone is an excellent firm to order from. I have used them for years. They
make good on their claims and their plants are healthy. Randy Engel

JV wrote:

I have a large area of my yard that I want to landscape. I have the area
prepared but do not have much experience with designing the landscaping. I
am thinking about one of the canned designs from Bluestone. Their Perinnial
Border in particular. Does anyone have experience with them or this
offering?
Thanks

[IMG] code is On

How To Design a Garden Border? Cathy Glockler Gardening 0 08-02-2007 03:05 PM
Instant bedding for East facing border in South facing garden? David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 7 15-04-2006 12:52 PM
North north west facing garden - perennial border ideas Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 4 17-02-2005 10:34 PM
Border Garden Ideas? Riddles Gardening 7 13-01-2004 03:33 AM
Bluestone Perennial sale Vox Humana Gardening 0 02-06-2003 03:32 AM