Old 12-08-2004, 05:26 PM

Default naming rights

My very own "madgardener", my mother died a couple weeks ago. I have inherited her
vast gardens and fortunately am able to afford her garden helper.
What I would really like to do is get a golden yellow day lily named after her. Her
name was Zlata which means golden in Yugoslav (where she was born).
Which is the largest lily hybridizer? Does anyone know if I could buy naming rights?
Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:55 PM
chaz

wrote in message
My very own "madgardener", my mother died a couple weeks ago. I have

inherited her
vast gardens and fortunately am able to afford her garden helper.
What I would really like to do is get a golden yellow day lily named after

her. Her
name was Zlata which means golden in Yugoslav (where she was born).
Which is the largest lily hybridizer? Does anyone know if I could buy

naming rights?
Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

I dont have an answer for you, but I am sorry you lost your mother. I hope
you heal in Gods time, and that her memory lives on in those gardens you
have inherited.

chaz

Old 12-08-2004, 05:59 PM
paghat

In article , wrote:

My very own "madgardener", my mother died a couple weeks ago. I have

inherited her
vast gardens and fortunately am able to afford her garden helper.
What I would really like to do is get a golden yellow day lily named

after her. Her
name was Zlata which means golden in Yugoslav (where she was born).
Which is the largest lily hybridizer? Does anyone know if I could buy

naming rights?
Ingrid

Water Gardening Society (
www.iwgs.org) auctioned off naming rights to a
water lily -- just one, these rights having been donated by some
mucklymuck in the society (Texas hybridizer Kenneth Landon) -- & the first
bidder was willing to pay $2,500 -- putting the kabosh on anyone else
making a bid.

For daylilies I'd bet if you contacted hybridizers & made them an offer,
they'd be eager to make an extra thousand dollars if you made an offer, &
the name Zlata would be especially apropos. Perhaps you could contact some
through the American Hemerocallis Society (www.daylilies.org) who could
give you information on obtaining naming rights or at least a list of
hybridizers.

-paggers

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 12-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Wil

--

wrote in message
My very own "madgardener", my mother died a couple weeks ago. I have

inherited her
vast gardens and fortunately am able to afford her garden helper.
What I would really like to do is get a golden yellow day lily named after

her. Her
name was Zlata which means golden in Yugoslav (where she was born).
Which is the largest lily hybridizer? Does anyone know if I could buy

naming rights?
Ingrid

You can start here where most of the major [if no all] hybridizers are
listed. Naming rights sometimes are sold at a fund raising auction. Those
naming rights have gone quite high. On the other hand hybridizers are
always looking for names. A gold daylily should be an easy flower to ask
for. http://www.abacom.com/chacha/gardenHybridC.htm

Tips on the big hybridizers. I know I will leave out some big ones.

Pat Stamile
David Kirchhoff
Curt Hanson
Frank Smith [new but bought a large established daylily setup]
Jeff Salter
John Kennebrew
Jack Carpenter
Rick Yost
I could go on....but there are too many. Just pick a link and a name and
research the site. Perhaps you can email each and make your request. Some
may not name their daylilies that way but others might honor your request.

Wil

Old 13-08-2004, 01:15 AM
madgardener

that would possibly be Oaks Daylilies in Knoxville. I'll see if I can find
their phone number and address for you, or look in the ads in Horticulture
and Fine Garden. They have their ad in both of them. Possibly in Garden
Design too. They are HUGE and have all sorts of their hybrids. You'll
probably be able to get them to do this. My love to you and I know your mom
is at peace and gardening in a perfect place now, no weeds, no pests, just
perfect and awesome flowers and bushes and trees. ((hug))
madgardener

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
wrote in message
My very own "madgardener", my mother died a couple weeks ago. I have

inherited her
vast gardens and fortunately am able to afford her garden helper.
What I would really like to do is get a golden yellow day lily named after

her. Her
name was Zlata which means golden in Yugoslav (where she was born).
Which is the largest lily hybridizer? Does anyone know if I could buy

naming rights?
Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List