GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new thread for basil problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/81721-new-thread-basil-problem.html)

an eclectic garden 15-08-2004 03:03 AM

new thread for basil problem

Sorry to repost but for some reason my message was added to a three
year old post with little relation to the original topic??!! Here is
my original post:

I am trying to discover what happened to my basil. The plants were
about six inches tall when I set them out. I pinched them back before
planting. The new leaves were forming at the base of the old leaves
and then all new growth vanished. I put out 40 plants the new growth
disappeared from all but one. They have since recovered but I am
searching to find what could be so voracious that it could devour all
of those tiny new leaves. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

Sally
http://www.aneclecticgarden.com

Jim Shaffer, Jr. 15-08-2004 04:33 AM

On 14 Aug 2004 19:03:08 -0700, (an eclectic garden)
wrote:

Sorry to repost but for some reason my message was added to a three
year old post with little relation to the original topic??!!

Oh, that's just Google indexing by "Subject:" rather than "References:". It
looks OK to everyone else. (Sorry I can't help with the basil.)