GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sprinkler stopped working.. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/81837-sprinkler-stopped-working.html)

Kurtctio 16-08-2004 07:05 PM

Sprinkler stopped working..

My sprinkler system did a strange thing. Sprinkler draws from a lake,
stopped working about 1 month ago, (house is cira '85), I replaced the
intake pipe, the screen head, and the back flow valve. Pipe extends
out about 20' and floats (attached to a duck float). All went well
and the sprinkler was working fine for about 3 weeks. Then I notices
a slow reduction in the amount of water coming out, unitl finally no
more. I check all new connections, all is fine. Pulled the pump
apart, impeller looks good, a couple of gaskets warped but nothing
terrible. (intake head has screens to prevent unwanted items entering
system)

Any ideas???

[email protected] 17-08-2004 03:07 AM

algae. you got something getting thru the screening. Ingrid

(Kurtctio) wrote:

My sprinkler system did a strange thing. Sprinkler draws from a lake,
stopped working about 1 month ago, (house is cira '85), I replaced the
intake pipe, the screen head, and the back flow valve. Pipe extends
out about 20' and floats (attached to a duck float). All went well
and the sprinkler was working fine for about 3 weeks. Then I notices
a slow reduction in the amount of water coming out, unitl finally no
more. I check all new connections, all is fine. Pulled the pump
apart, impeller looks good, a couple of gaskets warped but nothing
terrible. (intake head has screens to prevent unwanted items entering
system)

Any ideas???

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/