GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mantis tiller maintenance info needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/81882-mantis-tiller-maintenance-info-needed.html)

H Hornblower 17-08-2004 05:06 PM

Mantis tiller maintenance info needed

How do I lube the gearbox on my 4 stroke Mantis? What grade of
grease? should I clean out the old stuff with solvent?
Thanks

Salty Thumb 18-08-2004 12:05 AM

H Hornblower wrote in news:3fb4i055usovkk8fgt68phcn8ec68tvv83@
4ax.com:

How do I lube the gearbox on my 4 stroke Mantis? What grade of
grease? should I clean out the old stuff with solvent?
Thanks

doesn't it say in your manual? for the Honda FG100 which is also 4 cycle,
you need NLGI#2 or some such and can get at an auto store for around 2
bucks. IIRC there is a hole after removing some parts (fg100) you squirt
it (with your grease gun) into until it comes squrting out.

I don't know if you can use the same kind of grease or not.