Old 17-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Gary

Default Chain saw starts, idles, won't run fast

My brother said he had a new carb kit put in but it still is the same.
Starts fine, idles, press the throttle at all and it dies.

I know there are some tweaks to make on settings and screws but is it
obvious from my description where one might start?

Thanks,
Old 18-08-2004, 01:07 AM
Frank Logullo

"Gary" wrote in message
om...
My brother said he had a new carb kit put in but it still is the same.
Starts fine, idles, press the throttle at all and it dies.

I know there are some tweaks to make on settings and screws but is it
obvious from my description where one might start?

With my lawn mower running like this, it was the ignition coil. Took two
trips to a shop to get it fixed ;(
Frank

Old 19-08-2004, 01:32 AM
James

"Gary" wrote in message
om...
My brother said he had a new carb kit put in but it still is the same.
Starts fine, idles, press the throttle at all and it dies.

I know there are some tweaks to make on settings and screws but is it
obvious from my description where one might start?

Thanks,

Sounds like the vaccum hose is missing or faulty. It needs it.

Old 20-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Gary

"James" wrote in message ...
"Gary" wrote in message
om...
My brother said he had a new carb kit put in but it still is the same.
Starts fine, idles, press the throttle at all and it dies.

I know there are some tweaks to make on settings and screws but is it
obvious from my description where one might start?

Thanks,

Sounds like the vaccum hose is missing or faulty. It needs it.

I checked the user/parts manuals and no mention of a vaccuum hose is
made. So you're right! It's missing!