Old 28-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Travis

Ann wrote:

zxcvbob expounded:

You can go straight to the bottom with the END key. (may vary depending
on your news reader)

Or Control-End, if just the End key doesn't do it. Control-Home, too,
to get to the top. That works in most any window in any program,
including browsers.

Which key is the "END" key?

OE Quote-Fix will place the cursor at the bottom of a reply instead of
the top.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington
Old 28-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Ann

Travis expounded:

Which key is the "END" key?

OE Quote-Fix will place the cursor at the bottom of a reply instead of
the top.

It's under Home on the righthand side. The top row is Insert, Home
and Page Up, the bottom row is Delete, End and Page Down. Most
keyboards have it. Laptops have these keys in strange places.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 29-08-2004, 05:03 AM
Alan Sung

"David Hill" wrote in message
I presume that all this wrangling over top/bottom posting is to give the
tree time to either recover or die.
Or are you all hoping there will be a reply from the insurance company in
the mean time?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Here's an update from the OP.

I had another certified arborist come take a look at the tree. He said the
replacement value of the tree itself is in the neighborhood of $6,000, which
corresponds roughly to what the first certified horticulturist came up with.
The wound is starting to scar over and the tree may live although it is
slightly tipped from the car hitting it and may have some root stress. He
asked me how I would like a letter written up. I told him whatever he
considered a reasonable solution and would hold up in court. He said that
the insurance company would probably be able to successfully argue in court
that the tree does need to be completely replaced. To testify in court he
charges $250/hr. He said that the $500 offer from the insurance company is
probably just the driver's deductible and that they'd just be passing thru
that amount to me so that they would not have any out of pocket expense. He
recommended that the wound be trimmed and that the tree roots be spaded. He
said that Norway Maples have a much higher healing capacity than say a Sugar
Maple and that if it were a Sugar Maple, that the tree was a goner. He is in
the process of writing up a letter and has not given me an exact dollar
figure yet that he thinks this damage is worth since there is some equity
value in a tree of this size.

-al sung
Hopkinton, MA
Zone 6a

Old 29-08-2004, 02:55 PM
enigma

"Vox Humana" wrote in
:

One thing to consider about filing a claim with your
insurance company is that it could end-up getting you
dropped, particularly if you have filed other claims in the
last few years. Insurance companies have been scrambling
to cut cost recently with the loss of investment income
coupled with underwriting losses from large-scale
disasters. In Ohio, insurers have been reviewing their
files and dropping anyone with more than two claims in
three to five years. I know of two people who were dropped
this year even though they had only filed two small claims
that were related to damage beyond their control. Another
person received an advisory letter. In addition, I
learned recently that people are checking the number of
claims that a home seller has filed as part of their home
search to make sure that they can get insurance and that
the premiums will be affordable. Filing a claim may make
it harder to sell your home if that is a possibility. Life
never gets more simple.

also, some insurance companies keep track of calls just
asking about coverage & if you make too many, even if you
never actually file a claim, they will drop you.
if you have questions about what your insurance covers *read
your policy*, don't call the agent... that could get you
dropped.
lee
Old 01-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Dan Hartung

enigma wrote:
also, some insurance companies keep track of calls just asking about
coverage & if you make too many, even if you never actually file a
claim, they will drop you. if you have questions about what your
insurance covers *read your policy*, don't call the agent... that
could get you dropped. lee

Actually, the advice is don't call the 1-800 number, as that call *will*
be tracked. Your local agent is most likely independent or in some way
more dependent on your business so you can consider him an ally.

But yes, it sucks that they drop people even for making *inquiries*.
Asshattery.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tree damaged by car accident - Insurance problems

I just had this happen on my property and the driver destroyed my lawn, 2 bushes and four trees. The driver was killed going 72 MPH on a 40 MPH rd on a 30 MPH curve. Their insurance company paid the estimate of $8,600 to clean up the mess and repair lawn and replace the trees. I called my lawyer and he said the insurance company is responsible for the damage caused by their policy holder They may require more than one estimate and decide to pay the lowest one. In the state of Delaware if the insurance company does not pay and you take them to court and if you win the claim then they have to pay for all costs including damage to your property, court costs and the fees for your attorney....all costs incurred. It was not you fault that this incident occurred. You also have the right to sue the party that caused the damage in court for mental stress. The insurance company is only responsible for the damage to your property but the insured is responsible for the anguish they caused you and your family and you can purdue this in a court of law as per my attorney.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Nobody can read the future. Get petcentages, not yes or no absolute predictions. Ask an attorney, $100-200 max. And ignore all the advice here including mine.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 01:30:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

And ignore all the advice here including mine.

+ 1 ! and a big 10 - 4 ..

Old 11-08-2019, 02:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

🙌🏼100 msjs £58
👊🏼Xanax 100 for 80
😈tramadol 10 a strip
Quetiapine teva ! 60 taps £35