Old 30-08-2004, 02:37 AM

Default trimmer spool doesn't move

I have a black and decker weedeater (I think!). It's the basic trimmer
and edger, corded, runs from an electric outlet. It has a trimmer line
spool that you have to wind every so often. Of late, the spool is not
moving forward. After winding the spool, I leave out about 2 inches of
the wire to get it started. Once it uses up that 2 inches it's
supposed to move forward. Well, it's not. It just stops because the
spool doesn't feed more line out. So I have to re-wind it every two
feet of edging.

I'm winding it just like I have always done. Does any one have this
problem? What did you do to get it working again.

Thanks.
Old 30-08-2004, 05:41 AM
Hound Dog

wrote in message
om...
I have a black and decker weedeater (I think!). It's the basic trimmer
and edger, corded, runs from an electric outlet. It has a trimmer line
spool that you have to wind every so often. Of late, the spool is not
moving forward. After winding the spool, I leave out about 2 inches of
the wire to get it started. Once it uses up that 2 inches it's
supposed to move forward. Well, it's not. It just stops because the
spool doesn't feed more line out. So I have to re-wind it every two
feet of edging.

I'm winding it just like I have always done. Does any one have this
problem? What did you do to get it working again.

Thanks.

If they make a pre-filled reel for your machine get one and try it to see if
it will work.
If it does, you are probably not winding your line correctly.

Old 30-08-2004, 05:12 PM

"Hound Dog" wrote in message ...
wrote in message
om...
I have a black and decker weedeater (I think!). It's the basic trimmer
and edger, corded, runs from an electric outlet. It has a trimmer line
spool that you have to wind every so often. Of late, the spool is not
moving forward. After winding the spool, I leave out about 2 inches of
the wire to get it started. Once it uses up that 2 inches it's
supposed to move forward. Well, it's not. It just stops because the
spool doesn't feed more line out. So I have to re-wind it every two
feet of edging.

I'm winding it just like I have always done. Does any one have this
problem? What did you do to get it working again.

Thanks.

If they make a pre-filled reel for your machine get one and try it to see if
it will work.
If it does, you are probably not winding your line correctly.

I already did that, and still have the same problem.
Old 30-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Hound Dog

wrote in message
om...
"Hound Dog" wrote in message
wrote in message
om...
[...]

In that case I would scrap the unit and buy another machine.

At the start of this summer I bought a battery operated self advancing unit
and it was the best move I've ever made as far as lawn equipment is
concerned.