GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   leaf shine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/82801-leaf-shine.html)

scullycat 01-09-2004 05:45 PM

leaf shine

What can I put on my large leaf plants at home to shine the leaves. Is there
a home product that won't harm the plant? Such as my rubber tree.
Thanks

Rani 01-09-2004 07:34 PM

Użytkownik "scullycat" napisał w wiadomości
| What can I put on my large leaf plants at home to shine the leaves. Is
there
| a home product that won't harm the plant?

Try elbow grease:-)

R.

Marcy Hege 01-09-2004 08:28 PM

Wash the plant (just using water) to rid it of accumulated dust and grease.
Then polish the leaves using clean old pantyhose.

Using any type of leaf polish simply clogs the pores of the leaves. The polish
residue also becomes a magnet for dust particles.

Phisherman 01-09-2004 10:51 PM

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:45:44 GMT, "scullycat"
wrote:

What can I put on my large leaf plants at home to shine the leaves. Is there
a home product that won't harm the plant? Such as my rubber tree.
Thanks

I don't think the leaf shine products are good for plants. I use
about a 1/4 teaspoon of dishwashing soap in a gallon of warm water and
two sponges to clean houseplants with large leaves, such as
aspidistra. Another way to clean the leaves is to put the plant
outside during a rainy day.