Old 03-09-2004, 08:48 AM
chris

Default leaf miners

I am growing both hot and sweet pepper plants. Recently they all seem
to have been literally invaded by leaf miners. I can see the tell-tale
squigly lines. Leaves are turning yellow and brown. Originally someone
advised me to pull off damaged leaves. I did this, and still do, but
it doesn't seem to do much good. For one thing, too many leaves are
damaged, and every time I go out to look at the plants, the leaf
miners have moved on to new leaves or made even greater havoc of
already damaged ones. I have also begun using a garlic spray, but this
doesn't seem to be doing much good either. I don't want to use a
non-organic pesticide since I am eating the fruits. It is amazing how
quickly the leaves of all of these plants are being destroyed. If
anyone has ever dealt successfully with this problem and knows a
solution, I'd appreciate your sharing it... Thanks!

[IMG] code is On

leaf miners cb Gardening 5 01-04-2007 05:14 PM
Leaf Miners in my Columbine BottleCap Gardening 10 31-05-2004 04:07 AM
Leaf miners on pepper plants Stan Goodman Edible Gardening 5 18-05-2004 07:18 PM
Leaf Miners Janice United Kingdom 4 21-07-2003 06:55 PM
Website guide to leaf miners Andy Mabbett United Kingdom 0 08-03-2003 11:00 PM