Old 04-09-2004, 04:30 AM
Mira

Default Bell Peppers

Hello to all. I'm a newbie here but been lurking and reading all the posts
that may help me. I have vegetable garden that I enjoy so much. We planted
white corns as they're hard to find in our groceries here (Texas). We have
4 varieties of tomatoes, and also yellow and red bell peppers grown from
seeds. We bought yellow bell peppers from Lowe's and here is my question,
when the bell peppers will turn yellow or red? I read somewhere that if you
harvest them they will turn in their color as they ripen. But it's been
weeks now and they're still green. My sister told me that they will turn red
or yellow in the plant as she saw a plant full of red bell peppers. Is she
right? We left some fruits in the plants but they're still green.
Thanks for the info,
Mira

Old 04-09-2004, 04:31 PM
FarmerDill

Hello to all. I'm a newbie here but been lurking and reading all the posts
that may help me. I have vegetable garden that I enjoy so much. We planted
white corns as they're hard to find in our groceries here (Texas). We have
4 varieties of tomatoes, and also yellow and red bell peppers grown from
seeds. We bought yellow bell peppers from Lowe's and here is my question,
when the bell peppers will turn yellow or red? I read somewhere that if you
harvest them they will turn in their color as they ripen. But it's been
weeks now and they're still green. My sister told me that they will turn red
or yellow in the plant as she saw a plant full of red bell peppers. Is she
right? We left some fruits in the plants but they're still green.
Thanks for the info,
Mira

Your sister is right. Bell peppers turn color as they ripen. If picked green
they do not ripen. For the colors except purples leaves them on the plant to
ripen. The purples turn red when they ripen.

[IMG] code is On

Lesions on bell peppers Chris Hogg United Kingdom 2 22-07-2006 06:25 PM
Bell Peppers Aria Gardening 1 24-09-2005 10:43 PM
Bell peppers and rabbits, raccoons, possums, etc. Carol Adams Texas 11 27-05-2003 05:32 AM
Hot weather tomatoes & bell peppers ? Gene S Texas 17 15-04-2003 03:45 PM
What kind of critter steals bell peppers? Carol Adams Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:09 AM