GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn depressions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/83204-lawn-depressions.html)

Chelsea Christenson 08-09-2004 06:46 PM

Lawn depressions

A couple of spots in my lawn have started to sink. Upon investigation,
I found a number of little holes, like rodents would make. I believe
the rodents have moved on -- my hunting cat used to haunt that section
of the yard from the moment she went outside, but now it no longer
attracts her -- but I still have these depressions in the lawn that are
rather hazardous to inattentive foot traffic. Is there any way to
repair them while preserving the grass?

Phisherman 08-09-2004 08:00 PM

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 13:46:58 -0400, Chelsea Christenson
wrote:

A couple of spots in my lawn have started to sink. Upon investigation,
I found a number of little holes, like rodents would make. I believe
the rodents have moved on -- my hunting cat used to haunt that section
of the yard from the moment she went outside, but now it no longer
attracts her -- but I still have these depressions in the lawn that are
rather hazardous to inattentive foot traffic. Is there any way to
repair them while preserving the grass?

Cut a large "H" in the grass and gently pull back the tabs while
cutting the grass loose from the soil. Add top soil to the exposed
area. You could mix a handful of compost or rotted manure to the top
soil. Fold back the tabs and water well. Water again the next day,
then water as needed.