GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant Identification ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/83404-plant-identification.html)

Jim Carlock 11-09-2004 11:37 PM

Plant Identification ?

One day soon I will find another camera.

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...other/3965.jpg
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...r/3858-640.jpg
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...other/3967.jpg

The plant is standing about 3 to 4' high. The main stem
is about 1/2" (or slightly bigger) in diameter at the base.

The main stem has white fuzz all the way up. The
leaves at the top look somewhat like blades of grass.
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...her/3858-2.jpg

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.

[email protected] 23-09-2004 04:25 PM

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:37:49 GMT, "Jim Carlock" wrote:

One day soon I will find another camera.

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...other/3965.jpg
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...r/3858-640.jpg
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...other/3967.jpg

The plant is standing about 3 to 4' high. The main stem
is about 1/2" (or slightly bigger) in diameter at the base.

The main stem has white fuzz all the way up. The
leaves at the top look somewhat like blades of grass.
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...her/3858-2.jpg

Possibly Eupatorium capillifolium:
http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/eupcp.htm

Jim Carlock 23-09-2004 09:47 PM

maxsilverstar wrote:
Possibly Eupatorium capillifolium:
http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/eupcp.htm

http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/dogfennel9-24b.jpg

That looks like it's it. Thanks, much. Time to start looking
for some more info on it.