GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rototiller carburetor (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/84001-rototiller-carburetor.html)

suzyfitz 23-09-2004 09:43 PM

rototiller carburetor

Hi,
I would like to rebuild the carburetor of my Troy-built 6hp tecumseh
rototiller. Does anyone know if there is a place on the internet that
would describe how to do this? I am good at following directions but
have only moderate experience at mechanics.
thanks,
Suzanne

Tex John 24-09-2004 04:43 PM

I got a small engine book then rebuilt one (kit was $9 at a small engine
shop)...and it leaks like a seive. Plus, replacing the gas line turned out
to be a real bear trying to get the filter inside the gas tank attached to
the way-too-small new hose without special super-long-nosed pliers.

I wish now that I'd just given it all to the small engine shop and had them
do it!

Never did find a good website (hence the book purchase -- which didn't help
all that much)

John

om...