GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Planting tulips under annuals (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/84207-planting-tulips-under-annuals.html)

Greg Carter 27-09-2004 02:48 PM

Planting tulips under annuals

I'm a newbie. Can I plant tulip bulbs this fall under and around
annuals (ornamental cabbage and kale) so that next spring the tulips
will flower where the cabbage/kale is now? Literally, plant the bulbs
at the bottom of the cabbage/kale plants (which is about 6" below
ground). If not, I envision little 6" round circles where the tulips
aren't in an otherwise tulip-laden area.

Thanks.