GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Model 7 John Deere Trailer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/84537-model-7-john-deere-trailer.html)

Keith Nuttle 04-10-2004 02:09 AM

Model 7 John Deere Trailer

I have the above JD trailer. Could some on tell me what the tire
pressure should be?

S. M. Henning 04-10-2004 02:30 PM

Keith Nuttle wrote:

I have the above JD trailer. Could some on tell me what the tire
pressure should be?

It should be written on the side of the tires.

For a manual check out:
http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCa...s/manuals.html

To ask John Deere, check out:
http://homeowners.custhelp.com/cgi-b...nduser/std_alp
..php

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

Tony Miklos 06-10-2004 05:40 PM

S. M. Henning wrote:
Keith Nuttle wrote:

I have the above JD trailer. Could some on tell me what the tire
pressure should be?

It should be written on the side of the tires.

No, not at all. That is the *maximum* pressure the tire can handle.
The recommended pressure has to do with the type of tire and size and
the weight of the load.

--
Tony

Roy 06-10-2004 08:53 PM

Hell its only a utility trailer towed behind a L & G tractor. Just put
the max amount of air as specified on the tire in it and don;t worry
about it. Its not like your going out on the hiway cruising at 80 mph
and concerned with traction and cornering or the ride............

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:40:31 GMT, Tony Miklos
wrote:

===S. M. Henning wrote:
=== Keith Nuttle wrote:
===
===
===I have the above JD trailer. Could some on tell me what the tire
===pressure should be?
===
===
=== It should be written on the side of the tires.
===
===No, not at all. That is the *maximum* pressure the tire can handle.
===The recommended pressure has to do with the type of tire and size and
===the weight of the load.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Spud Demon 07-10-2004 02:28 AM

Tony Miklos writes in article 3eV8d.519$Ua.496@trndny03 dated Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:40:31 GMT:
S. M. Henning wrote:
Keith Nuttle wrote:

I have the above JD trailer. Could some on tell me what the tire
pressure should be?

It should be written on the side of the tires.

No, not at all. That is the *maximum* pressure the tire can handle.
The recommended pressure has to do with the type of tire and size and
the weight of the load.

The tires I've read all say "max load ____ lbs. at ___ PSI". That means
that for that pressure you can put that much weight on it. If you're not
going to exceed the specified weight, you might as well pump it up to the
specified pressure.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

S. M. Henning 07-10-2004 03:25 AM

Tony Miklos wrote:

It should be written on the side of the tires.

No, not at all. That is the *maximum* pressure the tire can handle.
The recommended pressure has to do with the type of tire and size and
the weight of the load.

The type of tire is the type it is written on, duh. The load capacity
is the sum of the tire ratings less the weight of the trailer if and
only if you fill the tires up to this number. There is no reason not
to. If the tires are too soft for a given load, the tires start
bouncing and the trailer becomes unstable. I always use maximum
pressure.