GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new pixs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/84626-new-pixs.html)

digger doug 06-10-2004 02:50 AM

new pixs

http://community-2.webtv.net/diggerd...artedwiththis/ ---digger

digger doug 06-10-2004 01:55 PM

Just to move it up and get a response ---digger

Twobtold 06-10-2004 05:15 PM

From: (digger doug)

Just to move it up and get a response ---digger

Hi Digger --
I like the result you achieved but I think you glossed over the amount of
work involved. You need a few pictures interspersed of you sitting on the
ground with bowed head; or with bandaged hand; or with sweat running down your
face.
I sent a link to your pictures to my son-in-law, maybe he'll bite. Good
idea about the tree well. I built a berm 2x4' and 1' high, 6 feet away from the
base of a maple tree and the tree was dead in 2 years. Wish I knew about tree
wells at that time.
Good luck with your project.

Laura 09-10-2004 07:32 AM

WOW
How long did it take you to do all that?

Also - on the raised beds you built, are they a but-joint type or?

Thanks,
LT

(Twobtold) wrote in message ...
From:
(digger doug)

digger doug 09-10-2004 01:06 PM

Thanks but the only pic would have been of me with a grin ear to ear.
Yes the tree well has worked out fine so far.----digger

digger doug 09-10-2004 01:37 PM

Hi Laura As to how long it took me I have no way of knowing as I have
several garden rooms that I am working on. So far for the whole garden
it has been ten years and it will be done when I die. I enjoy the act of
gardening as well as the results so I am in no hurry. I use
overlapping joints and each 6x6 landscape timber is pinned by at lest
three 12 inch galv. spike ---digger

Gloria 09-10-2004 08:48 PM

Very nice!

Gloria

"digger doug" wrote in message
http://community-2.webtv.net/diggerd...artedwiththis/ ---digger

---

StanB 09-10-2004 09:14 PM

Indeed and a lot work. I would of chose to make those raised beds with one
or two less courses but that's just me.

Very nice!

digger doug 11-10-2004 02:18 PM

Yes indeed, nice but it is a good height to sit on and work the garden
but hey thats just me. ------digger

digger doug 17-10-2004 01:27 PM

thanks ---digger