GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can grey squirrels count!? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/84767-re-can-grey-squirrels-count.html)

Spud Demon 09-10-2004 12:37 AM

Can grey squirrels count!?

Gus writes in article dated Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:55:48 +0100:
Each evening I put out chestnuts for the local squirrel. The bowel can
hold 8 mixed size chestnuts. Each morning I noticed that only a small
number were taken. I decided to put out 7, in the morning 3 were left.
The next morning I put out 6, it left 2. For the last week I have put
out 5, it always leaves one taking only 4. This raises the questions;
why does this squirrel only take 4 chestnuts? can this squirrel count?
It takes them away one at a time.

Maybe he can carry 2.

Bury one, eat one.
Bury one, eat one.
Then he's no longer hungry.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.