GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's this tree? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/84905-whats-tree.html)

Melissa 12-10-2004 10:50 PM

What's this tree?

I love the fall colors that these trees put out, they combine green, gold and
red all on the same tree at the same time. What are they?
http://www.dimensional.com/~melissa/...2010-12-04.JPG

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights: http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm

Pat Kiewicz 13-10-2004 11:07 AM

Melissa said:

I love the fall colors that these trees put out, they combine green, gold and
red all on the same tree at the same time. What are they?
http://www.dimensional.com/~melissa/...2010-12-04.JPG

It's hard to tell from a distance like that, but I think it is an ash tree. I looks like
it has compound leaves, and branches that form opposite of each other.
Some cultivar of green ash, maybe. They tend to fall colors in aof burgundy,
gold and orange.

All the ash trees here are dying (unless treated regularly with the proper pesticides)
due to the imported emerald ash borer.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Mike LaMana 13-10-2004 10:48 PM

The tree looks like one of the white ash cultivars...Fraxinus americana
Autumn Purple maybe??

--
Mike LaMana, MS CTE
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC