Old 17-10-2004, 06:42 AM
c0ldfusi0n

Default Garden designing software?

Hey folks.

I'm new here, so if i'm breaking a rule or something, excuse me.

My stepfather designs gardens. I don't know the exact english term for
what he does, but he basically makes your backyard nicer, enhancing it
with flowers, ponds, wooden installations, etc.

He asked me if i could find a software that would allow him to virtually
create a preview of what his clients are requesting. Is there a software
that does something like that?

Thanks in advance!

Old 18-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Jim Carlock

It all depends upon how you want it to look.

I would recommend using an HTML designer. HTML is
just about the most universal language around and even
Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Explorer,
NetScape can read HTML if it's properly formatted
properly displayed.

Take a look at http://www.csszengarden.com/ for some
really nice pleasant HTML/CSS layouts.

I recommend staying away from Adobe Acrobat. While
it offers a little more protection against people stealing
it is bulky, dependent upon Adobe's proprietary formats,
and it lacks a bulk of functionality that can be achieved
with an inlined framed HTML book. Keeping things
simple, using proper CSS and some minor javascript,
you can create the most eloquent software around.

It all depends upon you learning HTML, CSS and some
javascript though.

Being that you are using a ColdFusion name, I'll assume
that you are familiar with client side scripting.

Just my own personal opinions and experience. Hope it
helps.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.

Old 19-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Quilljar

In the UK at least, there have been many Garden Design programs in the last
ten years. Most have ended up on the free cover CDs of Computer Magazines. I
would look for them there.

[IMG] code is On

Re-designing a garden kneeler PhilV Gardening 6 25-10-2011 03:22 PM
garden designing MrWeb Gardening 0 20-10-2007 12:10 PM
email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com United Kingdom 0 05-04-2007 10:36 PM
Garden designing software? c0ldfusi0n Ponds (alternative) 5 19-10-2004 11:50 PM
Garden designing software? c0ldfusi0n Ponds (alternative) 0 17-10-2004 06:42 AM