GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Acer Advice Needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/85206-acer-advice-needed.html)

acer13 19-10-2004 07:29 PM

Acer Advice Needed

Hi,
I have 6 different Acer trees planted in my garden and I am moving house next year, probably around May or June. I would like to take the Acers with me. I have been told to wait until the leaves drop off this Autumn before digging them up and potting them.
Is this advice correct or should I leave it until early spring?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Cheers
acer13

Marley1372 19-10-2004 11:39 PM

How big are they? Just call them maples, you sound rediculous. What specific
species? What area are you in?

Toad,
who is starting to sound like cerioid more and more latley.

[email protected] 21-10-2004 04:33 PM

No, Cerioid would insist on calling them by their scientific name, that is the
only way you can be sure what you're talking about. Just saying maple you'd
have to ask, is it the tree or the showy tropical plant, or something else.