GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Calla lily revival (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/85210-calla-lily-revival.html)

Rose Bingham 19-10-2004 08:02 PM

Calla lily revival

Last Mother's Day, my 4 y.o. son's preschool had them all plant a
calla lily for their moms which, amazingly, were timed perfectly to
bloom right on Mother's day. Well, mine did anyway. I was very
impressed and it was really nice.

However... I have a black thumb and I have seriously neglected the
plant since then. I really want to transplant it (it's in a rather
small pot) and help it thrive - especially given it's origin, I would
hate to let it die. I live in FL so I guess it could be an outside
plant but I was thinking of transplanting it and making it a
houseplant. I just really don't know what I need to do though.

Now, I do know they are supposed to have a dormant period. So I
thought maybe I should just clip off the leaves (that are mostly dead
and brown anyway) and put it in the dark for awhile then bring it out
and find a good spot for it to live. I was rather hoping someone here
could give me more specifics on how to bring this thing back (or if
it's hopeless) and also what sort of spot I should be finding for it.
Also, would I transplant it to a bigger pot before letting it be
dormant or after? How long should it be dormant etc. I just really
have no clue. Thanks a bunch (in advance) for any input you may have.

Rose

Twobtold 20-10-2004 06:45 PM

From: (Rose Bingham)

[...]

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/cgi-b...i?ubb=get_topi
c;f=26;t=000221;p=0

If you Google your question(s) you will get hundreds of sites you can explore.
HTH