GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Green Velvet Boxwood (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/85363-green-velvet-boxwood.html)

Emerald 22-10-2004 07:20 PM

Green Velvet Boxwood

I posted this before, but got no responses. Maybe it's because I
mistakenly called them "emerald green" boxwoods, confusing them with
the arborvitae I have in pots. Sorry about that. Anyway I got these
two "green velvet" boxwoods as tiny shrubs about 4 years ago. I've
had them in 18 inch pots. They are now big and I need to know if I
have to take them out of the pots. I don't want them to die, so if I
have to I will, but I really like them in pots. Can I root prune
them (something I've never done before)? Can I just leave them in the
pots, or should plant them in the ground? It would be great if
anyone has any advice. Thanks.

Em