GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I predict the first gardens on Mars in 2020 ! ! ! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/85483-i-predict-first-gardens-mars-2020-a.html)

Karl-Hugo Weesberg 25-10-2004 03:34 AM

I predict the first gardens on Mars in 2020 ! ! !

In 2020, there will be the first Martian gardens.

Cereus-validus. 25-10-2004 04:11 AM

Yeah sure. Growing what?

I predict a fungus growing on Uranus in 2005!!!
What do you think about that?

"Karl-Hugo Weesberg" wrote in message
om...
In 2020, there will be the first Martian gardens.

Fat Burns 25-10-2004 04:12 AM

"Karl-Hugo Weesberg" wrote in message
om...
In 2020, there will be the first Martian gardens.

LOL! yeah, at -200 degrees.

--
Fat Burns
( "Did you know Fat Burns? It does!" )

DavesVideo 25-10-2004 05:30 PM

LOL! yeah, at -200 degrees.

And a high of about +68 degrees. I guess nothing can grow there just like in
Alaska where it can get down to -90. We know there are no plants in Alaska.

I suspect you could have a nice lichen garden, but anything else would have to
be in a green house.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

Spud Demon 27-10-2004 01:58 AM

(DavesVideo) writes in article dated 25 Oct 2004 16:30:55 GMT:
LOL! yeah, at -200 degrees.

And a high of about +68 degrees. I guess nothing can grow there just like in
Alaska where it can get down to -90. We know there are no plants in Alaska.

I suspect you could have a nice lichen garden, but anything else would have to
be in a green house.

Light intensity would be a problem too. Because Mars is farther away from
the Sun, it gets only 43% of the light intensity. So the Martian equator at
the equinox is about as bright as Fairbanks, AK.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

SVTKate 02-11-2004 12:43 PM

*blonde moment*

Ya'll are kidding about nothing growing in Alaska.. right?

Kate
(grew up on the Kenai Peninsula)

SVTKate 02-11-2004 12:44 PM

That would be MY garden...
next year will be better, I promise!

Kate

dps 02-11-2004 03:25 PM

SVTKate wrote:
...next year will be better, I promise!...

Sounds like the *old* Red Sox. "Wait 'til next year!"