GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   passion flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/85617-passion-flower.html)

Dan-o 27-10-2004 12:36 PM

passion flower

Is my passion flower a perenial in North Carolina? I 'm considering
bringing it inside for the winter. Sorry I dont know the variety.

Cereus-validus. 27-10-2004 01:26 PM

It would all depend upon which species to which you allude. Passiflora is a
very large genus with both perennial and annual species. Some are cold hardy
but most are not. If you don't know which one you have, do a Google search
to find out or post a picture of it in bloom in
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens to be identified.

Jacqueline 28-10-2004 02:11 AM

"Dan-o" wrote in message
Is my passion flower a perenial in North Carolina? I 'm considering
bringing it inside for the winter. Sorry I dont know the variety.

Also, North Carolina covers a lot of territory. Something that's
perennial in the southeast may not be in the mountains. You need to
find out which USDA zone you're in.