GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hedges - how often to prune? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/85686-hedges-how-often-prune.html)

Han Chung 29-10-2004 01:37 AM

Hedges - how often to prune?

Hi,

I'm starting a fast growing Myrtus Luma hedge. At the moment, it's
growing about an inch a week. How often should I be pruning? The
plants are about a foot tall.

Thanks,

Han.

Rose 30-10-2004 02:25 AM

Hi,

I'm starting a fast growing Myrtus Luma hedge. At the moment, it's
growing about an inch a week. How often should I be pruning? The
plants are about a foot tall.

You might want to start off with maybe once every two or three months and then
see how it goes from there. Of course it may depend on how much rainfall you
get as well.

I recently planted a hedge to cover up where my hedges had a gap and it has yet
to grow into the hedges but it is doing so slowly but surely.

Rose
http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html
"How did I ever get talked into this?"