GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/85732-tomato-plants.html)

Suzie-Q 29-10-2004 11:37 PM

Tomato Plants

Here it is October 29 and I'm getting the first tomatoes
on my potted tomato plants! One on each of two plants.
I planted them late and figured I'd never see any tomatoes.

If I take these plants indoors and keep them under a
florescent light over the winter, will they continue
to produce?

I'm in central Texas, zone 7.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Cereus-validus. 30-10-2004 12:01 AM

It has been done. Surely if you do a Google search you will find info on the
topic.

The question is whether it is worth all the extra wattage on your electric
bill just to produce a few extra tomatoes?

GrampysGurl 30-10-2004 03:39 PM

The question is whether it is worth all the extra wattage on your electric
bill just to produce a few extra tomatoes?

if they are as good as they are when they come out of the garden fresh I would
say it's worth the extra expense... they're so expensive in the winter anyway
and they are grainy.... hardly worth eating in my opinion.
Colleen Ann
Zone 5 CT

Frogleg 30-10-2004 06:20 PM

On 30 Oct 2004 14:39:36 GMT, (GrampysGurl) wrote:

The question is whether it is worth all the extra wattage on your electric
bill just to produce a few extra tomatoes?

if they are as good as they are when they come out of the garden fresh I would
say it's worth the extra expense... they're so expensive in the winter anyway
and they are grainy.... hardly worth eating in my opinion.

OP mentioned 2 tomatoes total on 2 plants as of 29 October. I would
also advise spending time and money on a more productive hobby. Yes,
fun to say you *have* produced an indoor tomato, but pretty small
return.