GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   fast growing flower for filming (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/86082-fast-growing-flower-filming.html)

Russell 06-11-2004 07:37 PM

fast growing flower for filming

hey, im interested in growing some indoor flowers and filming it at a
slow rate so that it will appear to be growing fast when i use the
video. do you know of any flowers that will grow in 1 or 2 weeks? if
not, what are some flowers that bloom during the day and close at
night? i would be willing to film that as well. thanks in advance.

SVTKate 07-11-2004 01:32 PM

One thing you could try is a Moonflower. Though they bloom in the evenin. I
believe that they are a member of the morning glory family, so you may want
to try something in that variety.

Kate

om...

Bill 26-11-2004 04:08 PM

On 11/7/04 5:32 AM, in article
et, "SVTKate"
wrote:

One thing you could try is a Moonflower. Though they bloom in the evenin. I
believe that they are a member of the morning glory family, so you may want
to try something in that variety.

Kate

"Russell" wrote in message
om...
| hey, im interested in growing some indoor flowers and filming it at a
| slow rate so that it will appear to be growing fast when i use the
| video. do you know of any flowers that will grow in 1 or 2 weeks? if
| not, what are some flowers that bloom during the day and close at
| night? i would be willing to film that as well. thanks in advance.

Dandelions open in the am and close at night...:) It is usually an outdoor
plant but maybe it would grow indoors...?
Bill

Marley1372 26-11-2004 10:00 PM

Gazania is one that opens in the morning and closes at night.

toad

Gary and Karen Manning 26-11-2004 10:22 PM

Purchase a Christmas cactus at your local box store. Most of them have buds
that is not open yet. The flowers will be open in a few days.

Gary

Gary 27-11-2004 12:06 AM

Maybe consider trying an amaryllis (?). They take a while to get
going, but once the stalk starts upwards, it grows quite rapidly until
it blooms (quite dramatically, I might add). This is a good time of
year to get amaryllis, since they are a popular holiday flower and are
readily available in a lot of places.
Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck!
Gary

Zemedelec 27-11-2004 01:08 AM

"Marley1372" wrote in message
Gazania is one that opens in the morning and closes at night.

toad

Night Blooming Cereus or Four O' Clocks.

Subject: fast growing flower for filming
From: "Gary and Karen Manning"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:22:59 -0500