Old 10-11-2004, 03:27 PM
phronima

Default unidenfied flowering tree.. please help

Hi.. I have failed in identifying this speciemen.
It flowers in late spring/early summer (Souther Hemisphere)... is
about 5-6metres high and I found it in a sub-tropical to temperate
zone. The leaf is meaty.
The flowers are about 5cm to 7cm in diameter with lower 5 petals a
soft pink with lavender tinge and the upper 5 white with crimson
spots. The photos are available at
http://geocities.com/phronima88/flora.html.
My apologies for the quality and size of those photos but I'd
appreciate it if Gurus out there can help me idenfity this particular
specimen.

TIA
Old 11-11-2004, 11:48 PM
phronima

Just reduced the size of the pictures. I was told by one that this is
infact a common species in other states. Any clues?

TIA
phronima