GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Araucaria (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/86318-araucaria.html)

K. 11-11-2004 10:04 PM

Araucaria

anyone having it as a room plant? i received one as a gift and i'm trying to
collect as much as care tips I can
anyone?

K. 12-11-2004 01:42 PM

?

Pam - gardengal 12-11-2004 05:13 PM

"K." wrote in message
anyone having it as a room plant? i received one as a gift and i'm trying

collect as much as care tips I can
anyone?

What kind of araucaria - A. heterophylla or Norfolk Island Pine? Most of the
other species do not make successful houseplants. NIP needs bright, indirect
light free from drafts with watering only to keep from drying out in winter.
If possible, move to a protected location outdoors during summer and provide
bimonthly fertilization.

This may help:
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/norfolk.html

pam - gardengal

K. 14-11-2004 11:21 AM

and on the page it is also write as i thougt!?
anyway, i'll keep it in a well light loacation, about 15 celsius...
do i have to mist it? i read somewhere it should be misted!?

Marley1372 14-11-2004 09:49 PM

i thought that NIP and heterophylla are the same thing!?

It is, I think you misread spam's posting. Norfolk Island Pine is Araucaria
heterophylla. The only other species I know of in that genus is araucaria
araucana(monkey puzzle).

Toad