Old 17-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Arthur

Default Purple darwin hybrid tulip bulbs

Does anyone know of a nursery or supplier who offers purple or violet
darwin hybrid bulbs? I'd like my tulips to bloom at the same
time---or at nearly the same time---so I settled upon darwin hybrids.
I'm able to find red, yellow, orange, and pink with ease, but I have
great difficulty locating purple darwin hyrbids. Can someone suggest
a source?

Thanks,
Old 19-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Arthur" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know of a nursery or supplier who offers purple or violet
darwin hybrid bulbs? I'd like my tulips to bloom at the same
time---or at nearly the same time---so I settled upon darwin hybrids.
I'm able to find red, yellow, orange, and pink with ease, but I have
great difficulty locating purple darwin hyrbids. Can someone suggest
a source?

Thanks,

Darwin hybrids simply don't come in purple - the parentage doesn't offer
that color strain. If you are looking for simultaneous bloom times (or at
least overlapping), look at the Triumph tulips, also midseason bloomers like
the Darwins. 'Arabian Mystery', 'Attilla', 'Negrita' and Passionale' all
offer lavender to purple flowers. Triumphs tend not to get as tall as the
Darwins so be sure to plant in front.

pam - gardengal

[IMG] code is On

Charles Darwin's manuscrips online. Peter Jason Plant Science 0 18-04-2008 07:58 AM
Darwin -=MatikuS=- Australia 0 02-02-2005 11:42 AM
Compounding replacing Darwin Evolution; NOVA show on tetrapods ofDevonian Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 17 05-11-2004 07:09 AM
Compounding replacing Darwin Evolution; NOVA show on tetrapods of Devonian not@top-post Plant Science 0 29-10-2004 01:40 PM
flaw in Darwin Evolution grafted rootstock Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 22 05-07-2004 01:34 AM