Old 23-11-2004, 03:09 AM
Faye

Default Interesting plant. can you tell me it's name and where it is from?

I hope someone can help me. I used to have a ground cover that was
wondeful. It ha a flower a like this one
jyro.buffaloexploration.com/garden/images/White Bells 2_jpg.jpg.
Can anyone tell me what it is?
Old 23-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Atar

--
I'm sorry; I can't see it. I got a "malformed URL" error. Please check the
URL and I'll have another look.

Regards,

Atar

Enjoy reading about special plants from interesting parts of the world on my

blog at wildestdreamsofkew.blogspot.com

Here is the web site Atar
http://jyro.buffaloexploration.com/g...ls%202_jpg.htm

Sorry didn't mean to send the email, just following the prompts - I
thought. I'm new to this.
Old 23-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Cereus-validus...

"Looks like a campion to me! One of the Silene family."

Silene is a genus not a family.

The family is Caryophyllaceae.

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 11/23/04 7:27 AM, in article
, "Faye"

blog at wildestdreamsofkew.blogspot.com

Here is the web site Atar

http://jyro.buffaloexploration.com/g...ls%202_jpg.htm

Sorry didn't mean to send the email, just following the prompts - I
thought. I'm new to this.

Looks like a campion to me! One of the Silene family.

Loved that one as a child!

Cheryl

Old 23-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Sorry dear child, not all of us need to show off our knowledge of
horticultural syntax......

On 11/23/04 9:10 AM, in article
, "Cereus-validus..."

Old 23-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Robert Chambers

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Sorry dear child, not all of us need to show off our knowledge of
horticultural syntax......

If it's all you have....
Old 23-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Cereus-validus...

Not showing off, little one.

Just reminding you of some things you should already know.

If you can't speak the language, its better you be quiet and listen instead.
Otherwise, everyone will know you don't know Silene from Shinola.

BTW, the plant is probably Lychnis alba not a Silene.

Old 24-11-2004, 03:58 AM
Faye

Do you have any other ideas? the plant I am looking for looks more
cultivated less like a thistle or weed. (no I'm not an expert, so I'm
not going to show off my syntax or anything else.)
Faye

Old 24-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Cereus-validus...

A species that looks something like that but is more of a ground cover
spreading plant is Silene maritima.

http://images.google.com/images?q=si...=Google+Search

om...

Old 24-11-2004, 12:46 PM
GrampysGurl

Not showing off, little one.

Look who is calling someone little.
Old 24-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Cereus-validus...

More than enough for you to choke on, loathelace.

Go sit on an Amorphophallus titanum.