Old 13-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Len

Default Question on How To Calculate the production of crops

Hello all,

can anyone help me on how to calculate the production of crops to
reduce the Glut, excess glut,excess cycle?

Thanks

Len Cecchetto

Old 14-12-2004, 12:42 PM
dps

Len wrote:
Hello all,

can anyone help me on how to calculate the production of crops to
reduce the Glut, excess glut,excess cycle?

If you can include what the weather is going to do for the entire
summer. Every year is different in terms of production on my farm. The
weather is the major influence (soil preparation and fertility being
fairly constant) with insect and animal damage coming second. Third is
the condition of the plants at transplant time (depends on greenhouse
conditions).
Old 25-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Frogleg

On 13 Dec 2004 15:13:28 -0800, "Len" wrote:

can anyone help me on how to calculate the production of crops to
reduce the Glut, excess glut,excess cycle?

If your garden "cycles" between glut and excess, you are fortunate
indeed.

If you meant between dearth and superabundance, that is usually
unavoidable unless you can control all growing conditions. Staggered
planting may help in some cases, depending on the length of your
growiing season.
Old 28-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Nancy

Hi Len!

can anyone help me on how to calculate the production of crops to
reduce the Glut, excess glut,excess cycle?

The U.S. Congress has been working on this issue since, at least, the
1930s, with no success for corn, soybeans, wheat, peanuts, milk, etc.

If you can come up with a good idea, I am sure that it would be interesting
for my representative to see. :/

Nancy