GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree trimming (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/88299-tree-trimming.html)

t.parrish 03-01-2005 03:59 AM

Tree trimming

Seeking advice on what time of year is the best time to trim my trees
(mountain ash, autumn ash and sycamore)? I would like to begin to trim now
if possible. Thanks for your assistance.

John Bachman 03-01-2005 11:40 AM

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 20:59:11 -0700, "t.parrish"
wrote:

Seeking advice on what time of year is the best time to trim my trees
(mountain ash, autumn ash and sycamore)? I would like to begin to trim now
if possible. Thanks for your assistance.

While they are dormant (now) is the best time. In areas with frequent
severe winters it is wise to wait until late winter to accomodate
weather related damage.

John

Phisherman 03-01-2005 08:24 PM

wrote:

Seeking advice on what time of year is the best time to trim my trees
(mountain ash, autumn ash and sycamore)? I would like to begin to trim now
if possible. Thanks for your assistance.

Deciduous trees are best pruned when dormant. Read up on the proper
procedure.

Treedweller 05-01-2005 10:57 PM

As others said, now is a good time. Learn more about tree care at:
www.treesaregood.com