GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fast growing evergreen (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/88485-fast-growing-evergreen.html)

pixi 08-01-2005 02:10 PM

Fast growing evergreen

Anyone know of a fast growing evergreen shrub that can tolerate shade or
partial shade?

Need one desperately.

Pixi

[email protected] 08-01-2005 02:22 PM

pixi wrote:
Anyone know of a fast growing evergreen shrub that can tolerate shade

or
partial shade?

Need one desperately.

Pixi

Euonymus will do.
-Felder

Eyebright 08-01-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixi
evergreen shrub that can tolerate shade

Pixi

don t know where you garden concerning hardiness but the following will work here in the UK ( oh and i would nt be too concerned about speed of growth,pretty much anything worth having takes 3-5 years to look something)

Aucuba japonica ,Camellia japonica cvs , Camellia x williamsii cvs ,Eleagnus , Euonymus ,Fatsia japonica , Ilex aquifilium ,Mahonia aquifolium,Prunus laurocerasus , Viburnum davidii ,Viburnum tinus