Old 11-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Suzie-Q

Default Hummingbird Vine=Trumpet Vine?

Is a "hummingbird vine" the same as a trumpet vine?

Thanks in advance,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old 11-01-2005, 02:14 AM
paghat

In article ,
Suzie-Q wrote:

Is a "hummingbird vine" the same as a trumpet vine?

Thanks in advance,

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Ipomoea quamoclit (aka Cypress Morning Glory,
Star Glory, Cardinal Climber,) and Campsis radicans (aka trumpet creeper
or vine, cow-itch vine) both get called Hummingbird Vines. And it wouldn't
surprise me if in some regions from time to time ANY vine with red flowers
that attract hummingbirds gets called a hummingbird vine.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Old 16-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Aunty Kreist

"OEM" get rid of the BUGS wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
says...
Is a "hummingbird vine" the same as a trumpet vine?

Thanks in advance,

What I always thought of hummingbird vine was a type of Trumpet
Honeysuckle (coral honeysuckle) rather than the Trumpet Vine.

http://tinyurl.com/5ya6j

The yellow colored honeysuckle will attract them too, but you're right- they
like the orangey/red colors best, it seems like.