Old 21-01-2005, 09:04 PM
BillC

Default Rabbits gnawing bark on small tress, how to...

How do you stop rabbits from gnawing the bark off trees?
Could I loosely wrap the lower part of the tree with burlap?
Is there a better way?

Thanks

Old 21-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Travis

BillC wrote:
How do you stop rabbits from gnawing the bark off trees?
Could I loosely wrap the lower part of the tree with burlap?
Is there a better way?

Thanks

You could buy them some rabbit chow.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5
Old 22-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Frank Logullo

"BillC" wrote in message
ink.net...
How do you stop rabbits from gnawing the bark off trees?
Could I loosely wrap the lower part of the tree with burlap?
Is there a better way?

When trees were small, I used a treated corrugated paper type wrap. Make
sure you wrap above snow line as bunnies are particularly attracted to bark
when ground is snow covered.
Frank

Old 22-01-2005, 12:56 AM
figaro

Circle the trunk with fencing. Galvanized hardware cloth is a good choice.

Old 22-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Wavy G

Don't blame me. I voted for figaro .

Circle the trunk with fencing.

I don't think that's a good idea. Somewon might slip and poke an eye
out with won of the swords.

Galvanized hardware cloth is a good choice.

Old 23-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Charlie In PV

I find a .22 works quite well.
chaz
Old 24-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Bert

i agree with chaz.
"Charlie In PV" wrote in message
I find a .22 works quite well.
chaz

Old 24-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Phisherman

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:20:14 -0500, "Bert" wrote:

i agree with chaz.
"Charlie In PV" wrote in message
I find a .22 works quite well.
chaz

I have used hardware cloth with excellent success against rodents.
Deer are more of problem around here, but unfortunately using firearms
is illegal here.

[IMG] code is On

Rabbits, rabbits everywhere wind'n'stone United Kingdom 4 22-05-2008 08:15 PM
Critter gnawing melons flick Edible Gardening 2 26-07-2004 09:02 AM
Critter gnawing melons flick Edible Gardening 3 20-07-2004 04:04 AM
Lemon Tress Kirkyboy Edible Gardening 3 31-07-2003 10:57 AM
Help! Cottonwood tress dropping leaves alarming rate! Mary Marzano alt.forestry 1 26-07-2003 03:42 AM