Old 23-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Traction Pads

Default California desert wildflowers blooming?

Hello,
Anyone know how the desert bloom is progressing? I've been told by
someone in San Bernardino that it has indeed started already (as of
today, Jan 23, 2005). Phoned the Poppy Reserve out by Lancaster, but
got only their tape, dated April 26 last year! Will also try Living
Desert in Palm Desert, Joshua Tree, and Death Valley. And, will let
you all know what I find. Hope we can keep spotting the wildflower
bloom, as it should be very fine.

Kim
La Mirada

Old 23-01-2005, 10:41 PM
starlord

I live in Rosamond, just about 20 miles from the poppy area and there's no
sign of them yet, we're still getting night temps down into the low 30's.
Give us another month and some warm temps and then watch out. So far just
the weeds are growing like wildfire.

--

SIAR
www.starlords.org