GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What variety of grape is this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/89157-what-variety-grape.html)

[email protected] 25-01-2005 01:37 PM

What variety of grape is this?

I would like to plant 3-5 grape vines for fresh eating. 20 to 25 years
ago, my grandparents had Concorde grapes, and one plant that was
different. It had a small (1/2 the size of Concorde) greenish-white
grape with small dots on it. I'm not sure if the dots were part of the
plant, scars, or what. Anyway, these grapes were quite pungent, with a
very sweet and spicy taste. They were also seedless.

If you have any idea what variety this grape might have been, or even
an educated guess, I would appreciate it if you would email me.
) Or, if you have any other ideas for a fresh
eating table grape variety. We live in SW Ohio, with alkaline heavy
clay soil. Our USDA plant hardiness zone is right between 5B and 6A.

Thanks,
Dan

Paul E. Lehmann 25-01-2005 10:48 PM

wrote:

I would like to plant 3-5 grape vines for fresh eating. 20 to 25 years
ago, my grandparents had Concorde grapes, and one plant that was
different. It had a small (1/2 the size of Concorde) greenish-white
grape with small dots on it. I'm not sure if the dots were part of the
plant, scars, or what. Anyway, these grapes were quite pungent, with a
very sweet and spicy taste. They were also seedless.

If you have any idea what variety this grape might have been, or even
an educated guess, I would appreciate it if you would email me.
) Or, if you have any other ideas for a fresh
eating table grape variety. We live in SW Ohio, with alkaline heavy
clay soil. Our USDA plant hardiness zone is right between 5B and 6A.

Thanks,
Dan

Contact your local county agriculture agent. I am sure they can give you
some good advice.