GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Advice on germinating liatris ligulistylus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/89528-advice-germinating-liatris-ligulistylus.html)

MMoniker 06-02-2005 06:46 PM

Advice on germinating liatris ligulistylus

Greetings! I have been trying for years to get seeds of liatris
ligulistylus to germinate. The more common type of liatris self-seeds
readily enough, but the ligulistylus won't germinate indoors or out. If
anyone has any suggestions, they would be appreciated. I haven't tried
stratification in the refrigerator since I wasn't getting germination
outdoors either where I figured it was occurring.

Thanks!

MMoniker
US zone 5-6

Pen 07-02-2005 05:17 AM

I bought L. ligulistylus by accident, way too big for my garden.
Sprouted them anyways. Stratification is necessary, mine germinated
in the fridge -- didn't even wait for me to take them out. :)