Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Ralph D.

Default Grow Lights

So... as a carry over from the other thread...

Another thing the agent thought was that I had made a mistake in swithching
to all grow lights. Says that they are not full spectrum and suggested
adding a few regular flourescent lights. I have 5 shelves with 4 'Grow
Stick' flourescent lights. If I were to place a small lamp on the top shelf
and another on the middle shelf with those newer screw in type flourexcent
bulbs meant to replace traditional bulbs at 26Watts each (maybe three
lamps?) would this add a sufficient amount of the missing light? I have no
convenient way of getting them to a good window and start waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
too many seeds for window sills (not to mention old aluminum frames transmit
the cold at night and there would be a PIA ritual of taking everything down
and putting it back up again in the AM).

Anybody know anything about light spectrums as it would relate to growing
seeds?

[IMG] code is On

grow lights Miles Long Gardening 5 15-10-2003 11:42 PM
florescent grow light lights bobby Plant Biology 2 09-10-2003 01:42 PM
high-density sodium lamps as grow lights? Jeffrey Barker Edible Gardening 6 29-04-2003 05:08 PM
Lights On / Lights Off... is this OK? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:22 AM
Lights On / Lights Off... is this OK? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 15-02-2003 01:54 PM