Old 10-02-2005, 05:35 PM
junkyardcat

Default Seed Mats

I'm thinking about taking the lazy gardeners approach this year and I'm
wondering what ya'll think about the pre seeded mats? Are they really as
easy as rolling out the mat, putting a little dirt on top and watering? How
long does it usually take for them to produce flowers?

Any opinions?
Angie in the boonies of East Texas

Old 10-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Callen Molenda

junkyardcat" wrote in message
I'm thinking about taking the lazy gardeners approach this year and I'm
wondering what ya'll think about the pre seeded mats? Are they really as
easy as rolling out the mat, putting a little dirt on top and watering?

How
long does it usually take for them to produce flowers?

Any opinions?
Angie in the boonies of East Texas

They do work, and fast, but then you suffer the consequences for years to
come. I thought a few wildflowers would be great until they started taking
over my beds. I'd only use the "mats" in areas where I was trying to
encourage a meadow-like environment.

Callen in VA

[IMG] code is On

Heated Seed Mats or a Heater? AngeTheUnsure United Kingdom 1 09-08-2007 09:34 PM
Propagation mats WiGard Gardening 1 01-02-2004 01:39 PM
Wicker and reed fences and mats for sale [Poland] Loolek Australia 1 20-04-2003 04:08 AM
Wicker and reed fences and mats for sale [Poland] Loolek Gardening 0 18-04-2003 12:20 AM
snail mats HaaRoy United Kingdom 0 07-12-2002 07:19 PM