Old 18-02-2005, 12:38 AM
Lickity Splickets

Default Help to identity a flower?

Hello,

I received a valentines bouquet with pink-trimmed white roses along
with another type of flower which I would love to identify. Here is a
description of the flower:

1) The small flowers are in clusters of various size, each cluster has
its own stem. Each flower is smaller than a dime.

2) The flowers are white with a slight pinkish hue here and there, the
closed bud of the flower is mauve/purplish

3) Each flower has 5 petals with a single stamen (?) in the very center
surrounded by a cirle of little seeds (circle of seeds line the bottom
of the petal)

4) The center of the flower is deep like a cup and could hold a drop or
two of water

5) The flowers have a mellow yet intoxicating fragrance

6) The flowers are sturdy. The roses are all wilted already, but these
flowers are still in great shape

7) The leaves on the stems of these flowers are like little spears,
similar to a rosemary leaf. The most interesting thing about the
leaves is that they give off a strong fragrance when crushed, almost
like a kaffir lime or lemongrass aroma.

If anyone here is familiar with this flower I would love to know what
it is so I can plant it in my garden.

Thanks for your help!

Lickity Splickets

Old 18-02-2005, 06:39 PM
mleblanca

The flowers could be Leptospermum, or commonly known as Tea Tree.
There are many species, but the commonly grown ones are cultivars of L.
laevigatum, Australian TT. and L. scoparium, New Zealand TT.
To grow in your garden, you need to be in a mild winter area. It is
borderline hardy here in zone 8/9. The NZ species are a bit hardier.
Emilie
NorCal
zone 8/9

Old 19-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Elizabeth

Sounds like Chamelaucium uncinatum, aka Geraldton Waxflower.
Common in arrangements and bouquets.
--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

oups.com...

Old 19-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Lickity Splickets

Bingo!! I did a Google images search for Chamelaucium uncinatum and
Geraldton Waxflower and there it was, right on the money. Thank you so
much, I'm thrilled!

Elizabeth wrote:
[...]

[IMG] code is On

I know what it's name is - was Please help, flower identity DiMa United Kingdom 0 13-01-2011 05:59 AM
Help Pleae - flower identity DiMa Australia 6 05-01-2011 06:40 AM
offer:flower pot,Products including Ceramic Flower Pot,Imitate Porcelain Flower Pot,Wood Flower Pot,Stone Flower Pot,Imitate Stone Flower Pot,Hanging Flower Pot,Flower Pot Wall Hanging,Bonsai Pots,Root Carving&Hydroponics Pots [email protected] Texas 0 07-09-2004 07:55 PM
Anyone know flower identity? AD Roses 2 15-03-2004 12:18 PM
intro & identity of flower question Lynda Gardening 1 07-07-2003 03:56 PM